Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On 02/02/16 09:15, John Rumm wrote:

I had an argument with a technophile friend. Full of himself and his
gadgets 'a satnav will always tell you how to get there better than a
map'

'Possibly, but it doesn't help me decide where I want to go, does it?'

What about if it has lots of interesting "points of interest" overlays
loaded?

It tells me where 'they' want me to go. Usually an expensive place..

Where "they" may be you, or any other group you have an interest in. In
the case of the Tomtom OVL files, they are a well document standard and
loads of third parties produce them, not just the satnav maker.

--
Cheers,

John.