Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hiding in plain sight

On 02/02/16 09:15, John Rumm wrote:
On 01/02/16 17:47, charles wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 01/02/16 17:33, dennis@home wrote:
On 01/02/2016 16:06, charles wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher

Nowadays, I take a photo of the car (with reg plate).

yebbut I keep my camera in the car..

use your phone!

If you have a recent smart phone you can use the GPS to mark the
location too.

If you don't have a smart phone, a tablet, or a surface and you own a
car, and you can read a map, its amazing what you don't need.

a map won't necessarily help you find your car in a car park

Never said it did, it just extends the range of technology you don't
need.

I had an argument with a technophile friend. Full of himself and his
gadgets 'a satnav will always tell you how to get there better than a
map'

'Possibly, but it doesn't help me decide where I want to go, does it?'

What about if it has lots of interesting "points of interest" overlays
loaded?

It tells me where 'they' want me to go. Usually an expensive place..

--
Bureaucracy defends the status quo long past the time the quo has lost
its status.

Laurence Peter