yeahright

Default Sears 27443238190 and GE 26GT620F01 TV Problems

Hi. I have the two sets listed above and both have fairly strange issues.
(Strange to me anyway...)

The Sears set died a couple of days ago. The screen is predominantly white
with tinges of color in the background. When I hit the front panel controls
I can see them responding on the OSD. There is no audio distortion. I
inadvertantly detached RT4201 (Degaussing Therm(istor?)) from its leads.
The solder joints were apparently very poorly done or had become brittle
over time. Is this the cause of the issue or am I facing some other failure
such as a CRT? Is it even worth my time and or money to get this fixed?

The RCA set has had issues for a while and I think the tuner has failed on
this unit. When I turn it on after it has been unplugged for a good while
(overnight) it autoscans the channels and returns to channel 3. This is all
well and good. However, as soon as I attempt to change the channel, the set
immediately goes to channel 91 and I cannot change it to any other channel.
The OSD still works and it will act as though it is scanning for channels
when I select autoprogram but 91 is the only channel available. The quick
and easy solution is to get used to channel 3. Is this most likely a tuner
problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Roy