Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default Prayer for the snow storm (add some text, and send it backthrough the list)

On 01/29/2016 05:24 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per T:
Got to go to work, but I will try to look up my source
tomorrow. The "increased significantly" is just a change
in the way it is measured. And no doubt Weight Watchers
being part of the new metrics had a lot to do with it.

I was a "fat kid" in all the way though grade school, junior high, and
high school - so maybe I am more preoccupied with this than most.

Having said that...

I clearly remember when fat kids were a rarity. In my high school class
there was me and another kid and that was it.

When I went to my grandson's high school graduation, I should have done
an actual count, but it was obvious that obesity had become mainstream.

When I was a kid, morbidly-obese people were a rarity. Now I see them
everywhere. It's really obvious to me.

I have also seen one young woman firsthand go from a typical
good-looking girl in her late teens to morbidly-obese,
thighs-rubbing-when-she-walks in her mid twenties....

Saw it with my own eyes and have family photos to document the change.

Hi Pete,

Did you get a lot of pressure to join the football team?

I remember a study when I was a kid that said young people
were more afraid of getting fat than from nuclear war.

Here is when the standard changed (1998):
http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9806/17/weight.guidelines/

If you have an hour or so of your life you don't know what
to do with or what back, the Fat Heads documentary goes
into it in depth:
http://www.fathead-movie.com/

What I noticed from when I was young to now is a huge increase
in fat bigotry. And the more you harass fat people, the
more they diet, and the bigger they get.

Also, birth control pills make women put on a lot of weight,
so you may be noticing that too. And not breast feeding
will do that too.

And tastes have changed since the advent of the television.
Skinny women were considered unhealthy and had to put up
with a lot of the same scorn that fat women have to put up
with now.

Me personally, I like my women to look like real women.
Women that look like teenage boys are not my thing.
But then again, I am STRONGLY heterosexual. But to
each his own.

And I try to never treat anyone badly for the way they look.
It very well may be Jesus come to test me. (I can
provide chapter and verse on that one, if you like.)
At businesses where I have a choice of dealing with a fat
or a skinny female rep, I always go for the fat one as I
know the kind of wickedness fat women have to put up with.
And you know what, you get treated a lot better too.

-T