Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Prayer for the snow storm (add some text, and send it back through the list)

Per T:
Got to go to work, but I will try to look up my source
tomorrow. The "increased significantly" is just a change
in the way it is measured. And no doubt Weight Watchers
being part of the new metrics had a lot to do with it.

I was a "fat kid" in all the way though grade school, junior high, and
high school - so maybe I am more preoccupied with this than most.

Having said that...

I clearly remember when fat kids were a rarity. In my high school class
there was me and another kid and that was it.

When I went to my grandson's high school graduation, I should have done
an actual count, but it was obvious that obesity had become mainstream.

When I was a kid, morbidly-obese people were a rarity. Now I see them
everywhere. It's really obvious to me.

I have also seen one young woman firsthand go from a typical
good-looking girl in her late teens to morbidly-obese,
thighs-rubbing-when-she-walks in her mid twenties....

Saw it with my own eyes and have family photos to document the change.
--
Pete Cresswell