Homer Pigeon

Default Zenith TV SL2067 loss vertical sweep

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"Homer Pigeon" wrote in message
Oh boy, sounds like this could be a job for "super manual." I'll open it
up and look for the obvious. Would you happen to know off hand the ID #
of (vertical IC, & fusible resistor)? I can probably find the IC numbers
on the net and identify them that way. The fuse resistor could be a
hassle without a number or schematic. I'll know more once it's open. I
have serviced a set or two with obvious charred board areas pointing to
the problem. Maybe I'll still luck out. Thanks David for the quick
reply.
--
Homer

The vertical output IC should be obvious, they all look pretty much the
same, you can look up a datasheet for it online and see the pinout, the
fusible resistor would be in series with the Vcc pin, there's a pretty good
chance the problem is nothing more than a bad connection that will need to
be resoldered. Usually if the chip actually fails there's some smoke.

Thanks for the info James. I opened up the TV last night and blew out the dust
(10 years worth). There is a general layout pasted inside and I located the IC.
Next to it is a fuse, which I assume is associated with this device. Fuse checks
OK and I could see no evidence of overheating anywhere on the PCB. Also, I was
watching the set when it failed and neither saw nor smelled anything. The device
itself is held with clips to a large heatsink so at the moment I can't see a
number. I will need to remove the board to get at the pins, which I'll work on
tomorrow. Bet that will do it, I hope I hope! Appreciate all the help.