Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jrwalliker@gmail.com is offline

Default I think I am going mad. (no don't answer that).

On Wednesday, 27 January 2016 17:09:31 UTC, GB wrote:

And the hole where we could feel the air ****ing out was nowhere near
the rim, it was the edge of the flat part of the tread

The good news is that some holes in the tread, but not the side wall,
can be repaired for not a great deal. £10-ish. It would be best to
remove the wheel and get the tyre repaired, rather than driving on it
any more and buggering it up properly.

Unfortunately, the "edge of the flat part of the tread" is one of those areas that are not allowed to be repaired.

I hardly ever wear tyres out - they always seem to get punctures and they are invariably near the edge of the tread:-(

I have had slow leaks from one fencing nail, one posidriv screw and several horseshoe nails. Also a cracked BT manhole cover caused instant deflation recently.

John