Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT - snow far

wrote in message

stuff snipped

Back in the late seventies and eighties we got some storms up around
Stratford Ontario that drifted snow to the level of the roof at the
local Toyota dealer. Some of the guys went to work with their
snowmobiles and parked on the roof.

IIRC, Ontario got the lake effect snow when it blew north instead of south.
People who've lived in the South all their lives usually haven't seen what
snow looks like in Canada and the upper US. I saw Niagra Falls completely
frozen over one year. It's an awesome sight.

It was amazing in Buffalo how many people had snowmobiles and pickups with
plow attachments. It was also amazing how quickly emergency personnel got
around during storms that just paralyze NYC and DC. Chicago, however, gets
enough snow on a regular basis that they also know how to deal with it. I
sat on the tarmac during a big storm and watched as they had multiple snow
plows in tandem working the runways at pretty impressive speeds.

--
Bobby G.