Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default OT - snow far

Per DerbyDad03:
Note: This is new to me. I'm just going with your comments, which the
video seems to support. I still have enough of the old style plastic
containers, so I haven't run into the problems associated with the
modern ones.

This is probably marginal, but I feel less bad about carrying the NATO
style in/on my vehicle.

I envision the plastic ones rupturing and spraying gasoline over
everything in a crash. Either the plastic splits or the pressure surge
pops the spout/nozzle connection.

OTOH, I hold out some hope, however small, that a NATO would not rupture
quite as easily.

Bottom line, though, I try to avoid carrying any sort of gasoline
container in my vehicles - but they do have to be filled
sooner-or-later, so I do wind up carrying them to/from the nearest gas
station.
--
Pete Cresswell