Andy Cuffe

Default imac shuts down after power on

Dbowey wrote:

Andy posted:
It can't be software because it
does the same thing with the hard drive unplugged.

Unless you have a system on some device other than the HD, you must have the HD
plugged in because that's where the system resides. By the way, Macs I have
owned would boot and run without a monitor attached.

Don

I know it won't boot without a hard drive. The problem is that the
computer partially suts off before trying to boot. I should display the
'?' icon untl it finds something to boot from. The monitor of an imac
is also the power supply, so if it fails, the rest of the computer won't
work. The 3.3v supply drops to about 2v when the monitor shuts down.
--
Andy Cuffe