Andy Hall

Default Angle drills

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 22:32:46 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

Ryobi is a brand, it's called, Ryobi.

Not in the same sense as Makita, Bosch, etc.

They are more of an OEM manufacturer with products being labelled for
various outlets. For example, in the U.S. their own named products
are sold only through Home Depot.

Take a look at
http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/isho...shopscr24.html

Some while ago I bought a Makita angle drill and actually have ended
up using it much more than I thought I would.
This site has the 12v version without battery and charger for £81
The torque on it is excellent because it is more highly geared than
regular drills and will comfortably drill through joists using an
auger bit rather than a spade bit. For pilot holes and driving
screws it's excellent.

How much for this 12v drill?

At the time, IIRC, about £100 or so.

---