Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_5_] dennis@home[_5_] is offline

Default screw through clips: u clips, spire clips?

On 20/01/2016 11:07, Stephen wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for something but do not know what it is called. It is a
clip that you attach to one sheet of metal and then screw into a hole
in that clip, through another sheet of metal, holding the two pieces
of metal together.

Googling has found me some of what I am looking for:

Looking on the internet, Halfords call them u-clips:
http://www.halfords.com/workshop-too...u-clips-screws

ebay calls them spire clips:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Speed-Fast...-/261983357122

What is the proper or most common name for these, as I am hoping that
knowing that will help me find more sellers, so that I can track down
a good quality item at a good price from somewhere near me or
somewhere with cheap delivery.

Thanks,
Stephen

Make sure you order the correct type..
some are made for self tapper type screws and some are captive nuts to
take bolts/machine screws.