Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default No power ...

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 10:58:19 AM UTC-5, Jim Wilkins wrote:

It was free because the disgusted dealer couldn't
figure out how to open it to get the swollen batteries out. Actually
the front cover just pops off, exposing the screws.

-jsw

You have touched on one of the (many) things that gets me really ****ed off.. Why the hell can't APC leave a little extra room in the battery compartments of these things? The batteries swell. That's a fact. I have had to disassemble half the damned box and then use a flat bar to pry the batteries out. XL-RM battery boxes are a bitch - 8 12V 7A batteries in each box, and I service dozens of these.

An extra quarter inch wouldn't kill anyone - there's room in the box, just not in the internal brackets. Crappy, crappy design.