Andy Hall

Default Angle drills

On 02 Dec 2003 21:05:46 GMT, (OldScrawn) wrote:

That URL should be
http://www.protrade.co.uk/.

Thanks; the immediate need is for pilot holes & screws (fitting kitchen
cabinets) rather than joists, but that Ryobi deal looks good. Is everyone happy
with Ryobi (serious amateur, rather than pro)?

A better solution is to go for one of the branded makes and share the
batteries among several tools.

Take a look at
http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/isho...shopscr24.html

Some while ago I bought a Makita angle drill and actually have ended
up using it much more than I thought I would.
This site has the 12v version without battery and charger for £81
The torque on it is excellent because it is more highly geared than
regular drills and will comfortably drill through joists using an
auger bit rather than a spade bit. For pilot holes and driving
screws it's excellent.

I then have another Makita 12v drill which came with three batteries
and a fast charger in a special deal from Axminster Tools.
I can cycle three batteries through the charger and can basically run
both tools concurrently on a job.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl