Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default EARTHQUAKE: Mind your T's and study your KJV Bible

On 01/16/2016 03:37 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/16/2016 3:45 PM, T wrote:
On 01/15/2016 05:42 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yep, that's pretty much what I wrote about
your position and your tactics.

It is interesting that you call the stark contrasts
in the Bible that exist in Mormon teaching to be
the "truth." Either you believe what the Bible
teaches or you don't.

The LDS church uses the King James Version
extensively in the sermons and other teachings.
So far, no contrasts.

LDS teachings disagree with some other churches
interpretation. Which is one of the reasons the
restoration was needed.

Hi Stormin,

It is a good thing that you use the Bible and a
good thing that you observe some Christian teachings.
I chose to take it a flattery.

But either you believe what the Bible teaches or you
don't.

I have listed a bunch of the differences to you before
off the top of my head. If I were to google it, I could
fill page after page. Please note that the very first
line of the very first book of the bible contradicts
Mormonism. Not a real good start for you guys.

Either you believe in the single and only god that created
everything from the power of his own will or you believe
in the "gods" with celestial families who never created
anything and just existed in nature. One is Christian;
one is Mormon. They are two separate religions.

An inaccurate KJV versus for you to consider.

Joshua 24:20 - If ye forsake the Lord, and serve
strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt,
and consume you, after that he hath done you good.

Note the part about the Lord doing good for us and being
repaid by us by serving "strange" gods and that God is
not "real happy" about it. Sound familiar?

Just out of curiosity, when Saint Moses addressed the burning
bush, which one of your gods does Mormonism teach was
speaking? Elohim? Do you even know?

-T

Some more inaccurate KJV bible passages for you to consider:

Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heaven
and the earth.

Deuteronomy 4:35 - Unto thee it was shewed, that thou
mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none
else beside him.

Isaiah 44:6 - Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his
redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the
last; and beside me [there is] no God.

Deuteronomy 6:4 - Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is]
one LORD:

Isaiah 43:10 - Ye [are] my witnesses, saith the LORD, and
my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe
me, and understand that I [am] he: before me there was no
God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 45:5 - I [am] the LORD, and [there is] none else,
[there is] no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou
hast not known me:

Mark 12:29 - And Jesus answered him, The first of all
the commandments [is], Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God
is one Lord: