Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Miter Saw Dust Collection Hoods?

On 1/18/2016 9:31 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 19:05:34 -0600, -MIKE-
wrote:

Since I don't have 2 grand to plonk down on a Festool Kapex and Dust
Extractor combination, I'm looking for recommendations from anyone who's
used either of the two canopy/hood type collectors that attach to the
saw and funnel the dust into its big bag.

Rousseau and Fastcap seem to be the only two out there.
Anyone in here have and use one of these?
How pleased are you and how well do they work?

I haven't used either of the two you referenced but I did design and
build my own out of plexiglass. Pictures are shown below.

http://s692.photobucket.com/user/dob...?sort=3&page=1

Damn Gordon, you had to have the LS1014... I miss my saw.
Nice setup.

--
Jeff