Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default No power ...

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 09:17:40 -0500
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
I just spent two days fussing with mine, second-hand Colemans with
annoying problems and carbs that aren't mentioned in my repair
manuals. They are tempting me to buy the smallest Honda. Has anyone
had problems with those?

Ours is an old Honda eg3500 (3500 watt) unit. Must be ~25 years old now
but not a lot of running hours. You can see a few for sale via ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=honda+eg3500

Probably a little bigger than what you were looking for...

Can you just put some generic carbs on the Colemans? With the internet,
nowadays it's possible to find and figure stuff out without spending a
fortune. Probably even a youtube video with some redneck making the
switch ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b