Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No power ...

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 07:50:47 -0600
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

and my generator ain't working . Well , the power is back on now ,
but I
still don't know why the generator isn't putting out . Motor starts
and runs
normally , but I'm not getting any power . Last time I checked it
(couple of
months ago) everything was working fine but this morning at 3:00 it
wasn't
I'll be opening up the control panel and taking the end cover off
the
generator unit itself to see if there's anything I can see , maybe
something
on the armature slip ring or something , maybe a loose wire . I'm
open to
suggestions ...

Check the breaker, wires to the outlet on it you use regularly...
all
the simple stuff first and maybe the extension cord you tried using
with it.

My mind always goes to the worst, most complicated/expensive things
first but usually it is the really simple stuff that goes bad...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

I just spent two days fussing with mine, second-hand Colemans with
annoying problems and carbs that aren't mentioned in my repair
manuals. They are tempting me to buy the smallest Honda. Has anyone
had problems with those?

-jsw