Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No power ...

Leon Fisk wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 07:50:47 -0600
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

and my generator ain't working . Well , the power is back on now ,
but I still don't know why the generator isn't putting out . Motor
starts and runs normally , but I'm not getting any power . Last time
I checked it (couple of months ago) everything was working fine but
this morning at 3:00 it wasn't ...
I'll be opening up the control panel and taking the end cover off
the generator unit itself to see if there's anything I can see ,
maybe something on the armature slip ring or something , maybe a
loose wire . I'm open to suggestions ...

Check the breaker, wires to the outlet on it you use regularly... all
the simple stuff first and maybe the extension cord you tried using
with it.

My mind always goes to the worst, most complicated/expensive things
first but usually it is the really simple stuff that goes bad...

Breaker "feels" like it always did . I have a hookup to back feed the main
panel thru the shop sub , when I didn't get any power to the shop I plugged
a small heater unit directly into the generator panel . This thing has less
than 20 hours on it , it shouldn't be giving me any problems . I'll be
checking it out today , we never know when we'll need it .
--
Snag

BTW , this is a B&S 5500W/8500W surge OHV unit I bought to replace an
identical one that was stolen , that one ran flawlessly for well over a
hundred hours with no maintainence but oil changes and tightening an
occasional loose bolt .