angelshamshel

Default Buy Transistor - Dilemma

Try eBay, I got my last set of Germaniums there.....

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:42:51 -0800, "Watson A.Name \"Watt Sun - the
Dark Remover\"" wrote:

I want to purchase 100 each of the BD435 and BD436. I went to Digi-Key,
and they don't have them; I searched for them and browsed the catalog,
no luck. So I went to Mouser, and they have them, but minimum purchase
is 2000. I searched several other places on the web (Futurlec, BDent,
MCM ..) without success. I've attempted to buy Philips parts, but I got
the runaround. I talked to or emailed a Philips distributor and they
sent me to a local rep. I talked to the rep, and they sent me back to
the distributor. It's is blatantly obvious that they don't want to deal
with small fish, just the bigger purchasers.

So I face a dilemma. How to get a few hundred transistors without
buying a few thousand, or something like that. Maybe it's my
inexperience with dealing with this sort of thing. In any case, I'm
open to ideas. Thanks.