Watson A.Name \Watt Sun - the Dark Remover\

Default Buy Transistor - Dilemma

I want to purchase 100 each of the BD435 and BD436. I went to Digi-Key,
and they don't have them; I searched for them and browsed the catalog,
no luck. So I went to Mouser, and they have them, but minimum purchase
is 2000. I searched several other places on the web (Futurlec, BDent,
MCM ..) without success. I've attempted to buy Philips parts, but I got
the runaround. I talked to or emailed a Philips distributor and they
sent me to a local rep. I talked to the rep, and they sent me back to
the distributor. It's is blatantly obvious that they don't want to deal
with small fish, just the bigger purchasers.

So I face a dilemma. How to get a few hundred transistors without
buying a few thousand, or something like that. Maybe it's my
inexperience with dealing with this sort of thing. In any case, I'm
open to ideas. Thanks.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 at hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@ u@e@n@t@@

john

Why not just buy NTE 184 and NTE 185.

kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"Watson A.Name "Watt Sun - the Dark Remover"" wrote

[...]

Baphomet

[...]

Arrow Electronics www.arrow.com can get both. Lead time is 8 weeks however.
Call 1-877-237-8621 for quote.

john wrote:

Why not just buy NTE 184 and NTE 185.

kip

For a hundred of each? That's almost $500 for the NTEs, compared to
maybe $70 or $80!!!

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/e...s/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the

john

Hey ! You are the one who has trouble finding them ,it was just a suggestion
if all else failed.
I am sure if you do some Web Searching YOU will find suppliers for the
quantity you need.

kip

Baphomet wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info. I hope it gets further than in the past with other
distribs.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/e...s/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the

Walter Harley

"Watson A.Name "Watt Sun - the Dark Remover"" wrote
in message ...

I want to purchase 100 each of the BD435 and BD436. I went to Digi-Key,
and they don't have them; I searched for them and browsed the catalog,
no luck. So I went to Mouser, and they have them, but minimum purchase
is 2000. I searched several other places on the web (Futurlec, BDent,
MCM ..) without success. I've attempted to buy Philips parts, but I got
the runaround. I talked to or emailed a Philips distributor and they
sent me to a local rep. I talked to the rep, and they sent me back to
the distributor. It's is blatantly obvious that they don't want to deal
with small fish, just the bigger purchasers.

Sounds to me like you need to select a different component. Anything this
hard to find is going to be a sourcing problem down the road too; for
whatever reason, what they're telling you is that this is not a normally
stocked item. Is there really nothing else that will do what you need?
Perhaps in the 2N lines?

Graham Nichols

I would recommend contacting Mr Hicham Dalbani at http://www.dalbani.co.uK.
I dealt with him for years, and he's a great guy.

Hobbit

Reinhard Zwirner

"Watson A.Name \"Watt Sun - the Dark Remover\"" schrieb:

I want to purchase 100 each of the BD435 and BD436.

http://www.reichelt.de

BD 435 EUR 0.26 ea.
BD 436 EUR 0.23 ea.

Minimum purchase: EUR 50.-

IMHO they're shipping worldwide.

HTH,

Reinhard

Walter Harley wrote:

[...]

Well, I chose them because I thought they were a common, easy to get part.
They are inexpensive too, maybe 35 to 40 cents in 100 qty.

The TO-126 case is a conveniently small size. The TO-220 case is
larger, but might fit in some places without a heatsink.

I've seen parts electrically similar to this but they're not thru hole
parts.

Graham Nichols wrote:

I would recommend contacting Mr Hicham Dalbani at http://www.dalbani.co.uK.
I dealt with him for years, and he's a great guy.

I went to that website, and it took me to Nikko Electronics in the UK.
Is this the same company? Thank you.

Hobbit

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/e...s/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the

CWatters

Shop around. Ask Mouser if they made a mistake. I think at Mouser they are
about $1 each which means a minimum order value of $2000! Rather a lot for a
distrubutor.

RS Components in the UK have the BD435 at 0.27p each at (100+). That's about
40 cent each. The BD436 is even cheaper at 18p but I don't think RS will
ship to the USA. Nice to find something cheaper over here for a change!

[...]

Watson A.Name - Watt Sun, Dark Remover

In article ,
mentioned...
"Watson A.Name \"Watt Sun - the Dark Remover\"" schrieb:

I want to purchase 100 each of the BD435 and BD436.

http://www.reichelt.de

BD 435 EUR 0.26 ea.
BD 436 EUR 0.23 ea.

Minimum purchase: EUR 50.-

IMHO they're shipping worldwide.

Thanks, I'll email them when I find out what another European vendor
has to say about shipping, taxes, etc.

HTH,

Reinhard

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/e...s/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the

Watson A.Name - Watt Sun, Dark Remover

In article ,
mentioned...
Shop around. Ask Mouser if they made a mistake. I think at Mouser they are
about $1 each which means a minimum order value of $2000! Rather a lot for a
distrubutor.

RS Components in the UK have the BD435 at 0.27p each at (100+). That's about
40 cent each. The BD436 is even cheaper at 18p but I don't think RS will
ship to the USA. Nice to find something cheaper over here for a change!

Thank you for the info. Do U.K. vendors charge us VAT when it's
shipped to the U.S.?

[...]

Graham W

Watson A.Name - Watt Sun, Dark Remover wrote:

Thank you for the info. Do U.K. vendors charge us VAT when it's
shipped to the U.S.?

No.

--
Graham W http://www.gcw.org.uk/ XP1800+ Page added, Graphics Tutorial
Tim Shoppa

john wrote:

Why not just buy NTE 184 and NTE 185.

kip

For a hundred of each? That's almost $500 for the NTEs, compared to
maybe $70 or $80!!!

I go to Butcher A, his sign says "beef 49 cents/lb", but he doesn't
have any. So I go to Butcher B, he sells beef for 89 cents/lb, so I ask
"why don't you meet Butcher A's price?". He comes back with "Butcher A
doesn't have any beef. If I didn't have any beef, my price would be 39
cents/lb"!

Tim.

john wrote:

Why not just buy NTE 184 and NTE 185.

kip

For a hundred of each? That's almost $500 for the NTEs, compared to
maybe $70 or $80!!!

I go to Butcher A, his sign says "beef 49 cents/lb", but he doesn't
have any. So I go to Butcher B, he sells beef for 89 cents/lb, so I ask
"why don't you meet Butcher A's price?". He comes back with "Butcher A
doesn't have any beef. If I didn't have any beef, my price would be 39
cents/lb"!

I tanked up this morning, and gasoline is getting back down to below a
buck sixty a gallon. It was up to over two earlier this year, when a
refinery became inoperative or whatever their excuse was. Looks like
there are some lessons in supply and demand in our stories.

Tim.

Hey, I bought several NTE11s at Fry's a year or so ago when I started
experimenting with the V boost circuits - at about the same price each
as that gallon of gas above. Then I ordered a hundred 2SD965s for 27
cents apiece, so I got essentially the same transistor for 1/5 or 1/6
the price.

Those NTEs are always available at the local electronics store. For a
price that I'm trying to avoid.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/e...s/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the
CWatters

"Graham W" wrote in message
Watson A.Name - Watt Sun, Dark Remover wrote:

Thank you for the info. Do U.K. vendors charge us VAT when it's
shipped to the U.S.?

No.

They shouldn't do (according to tax rules) and the big suppliers will be ok.
Some small places "forget" so to check.

Jeff

"Watson A.Name - Watt Sun, Dark Remover" wrote in
message ...
In article ,
mentioned...

wrote in message ...
john wrote:

[...]

When those NTEs were ECGs I could make one phone call and find out what they
actually were and make decisions based on the full specs of the part.
I liked that.
Jeff

Those NTEs are always available at the local electronics store. For a
price that I'm trying to avoid.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/e...s/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the

Watson A.Name - Watt Sun, Dark Remover

In article jjytb.66459$Ec1.3787930@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net,
mentioned...

wrote in message ...
john wrote:

[...]

NTEs were a knockoff of ECG, which was Sylvania at one time. Same
numbering, but nothing to do with ECG, up until they bought out ECG
last year.