Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default eReader options

On 1/16/2016 7:15 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 01/16/2016 01:41 PM, Don Y wrote:
Mine is lined with bookshelves (technical/reference literature).
I don't borrow "books" from the library (just DVD's).

So are mine, but most of them could be tossed. otoh, you never know when you
might need a 1989 National Semiconductor TTL reference book. The manual lasted
longer than the company.

No, I don't keep paper copies of databooks. I've been chasing down
PDF versions of anything like that which may be needed for legacy
support and archiving them.

But, I *do* keep references like the TeX books, various language manuals,
The Unicode Standard, CRC, Graphics algorithms, Knuth, Stevens, Comer, etc.
Things that I'll want to pick up and thumb to find a particular reference
or take off to a quiet corner to refresh my memory.

There are a select few of my school textbooks (mostly the Math ones).
I have the "notes" for most of the other classes stored in a box in
the garage (many of the courses didn't have books -- yet. E.g.,
my freshman AI course was a bunch of photocopied sheets in a paper
binder that later became Winston's _Artificial Intelligence_ text).