Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default eReader options

On 01/16/2016 01:52 PM, Don Y wrote:
From your past comments, you probably don't have a lot of LOCAL options
to buy those things? In a city of half a million -- in a metro area
of a million -- we have a fair bit more "local choices", I suspect.

Well, we do have a Harbor Freight What more could you want? And HF
definitely is a place where I want to hold and interview the merchandise.

The basics are here; just don't get off the beaten track. Or bring your
own tube of vaseline if you're looking for a HDMI cable or such.

Large metros have both better selections and better prices. I don't care
that much for the company but even for something like the new Cabelas in
town, my gut impression from a quick walk through was it wasn't as well
stocked as the one in Glendale.

Even that is a case in point. I bought a Kershaw knife that was labeled
as 'reversible' for $70. Of course with the blister pack you can't tell
much but when I got home I found 'reversible' meant changing the clip
for point up or point down carry in your right hand pocket. So I hit the
internet to see if there was a left handed model. Turns out there isn't
but I saw it on Amazon for $38.13. So it meant a trip back to Cabelas,
on the wrong side of town, to get my $70 back.

I don't know if it would be cheaper in Glendale. I've never found
Cabelas to be very competitive.