Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default eReader options

On 01/16/2016 11:49 AM, Don Y wrote:
We don't know anyone who uses an eReader. We can try B&N to see if the
*concept* is something she can accept. But, would still need to
see what the relative differences are between different products
and manufacturers. E.g., the little nook that my friend had would
be VERY disappointing (poor contrast, flimsy, etc).

afaik, BestBuy and Staples both carry the Kindle line. BestBuy may have
carried the Nook but I think they dropped it. B&N dropped the ball on
that one.

I don't know about the current generation but one thing that put me off
initially was the flash as the electrophoretic display refreshes. Flash
isn't quite the word since the display goes black. It's 500 msec, if
that long but it is noticeable when you first use an ereader. Like new
shoes, you get used to it. After all turning a physical page takes time
but we're used to that.