Posted to alt.home.repair

Default eReader options

On Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 12:41:03 PM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:
On 1/16/2016 10:14 AM, Juan Doe wrote:
On 01/16/2016 01:06 AM, Don Y wrote:
We deal with Amazon very little. Our two most recent transactions
were net losses -- for Amazon *and* us (items returned for full
refund -- Amazon lost two shipping charges; we lost two "buying
events")

The second package is sitting on the kitchen counter waiting to
be dropped off at the UPS office tomorrow.

The BIG advantage to brick and mortars is you can actually *see*
what you are buying and don't have to rely on some dweeb to put
the *right* item in the box!

Amazon is my goto store for virtually everything.

Shirts and pants are the only products that are troublesome since
the idiot clothing manufacturers can't seem to standardize on sizes.

SWMBO bought two (identical) pair of pants. They were different sizes
(though marked identically). Additionally, the cuffs were frayed.
In a brick and mortar store, she'd notice they were different sizes before
bringing them home -- without even having to resort to the "dressing room".

I bought a "22cm, up angle, USB A male to USB A female cable". What
arrived was an 18cm, DOWN angle, USB A male to USB A female cable"
despite the fact that I had deliberately NOT ordered that variation.
I was able to characterize the cable within seconds of handling
the PACKAGE.

She bought a "cleaning kit" -- 8 oz variety (three 8 oz bottles).
The *2 oz* variety arrived. It was a no-brainer to realize those
tiny bottles couldn't possibly contain "a cup" of liquid, each.

In each case, we've invested as much time as if we'd driven to
a local store, HANDLED the items ourselves to verify they are
exactly what we want, then driven home.

It's odd, I've had good luck with Amazon. I wonder if it has something to do with the personnel working at the regional warehouse that serves your area? I would go to a different post office here in town because the people working there were completely different in the way they treated customers. I've seen it in other business that had more than one location. O_o

[8~{} Uncle PO Monster