Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default eReader options

On 01/15/2016 11:01 PM, Don Y wrote:
When she's reading (leisure), the BOOK is in her lap on the couch,
in bed, etc. When not actively reading, the "novel du jour" sits
in a basket by the bed. She could conceivably store an ereader in
that same space when not in use. Charging would require some other
arrangement.

The pile by my bed includes the Kindle along with paper books, both
from the library and one's I've purchased.

But, she's likely to get frustrated, at some point, with the
experience. She was using a PDA (kept in her secretary) for
addresses and calendar. But, grew frustrated with ActiveSync's
flakey performance and opted to go back to paper and pencil.

My PDA is and always has been a spiral ring notebook small enough to
slip in a shirt pocket. I don't have that many addresses to keep track
of, or anything that passes for a calendar. At work I use the
Thunderbird calendar which gives me an alert so I can disappear before
tedious meetings.