Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default eReader options

On 1/16/2016 12:53 PM, Susan Bugher wrote:
On 1/16/2016 2:08 PM, Don Y wrote:

Thanks! I think we'll try Ed's suggestion of actually putting
some devices *in* her hands and see what she thinks. I'm sure the
demo units will have *some* sort of "reading material" preinstalled.

A neighbor has an iPad so I can ask her if she has any "reading"
software that she could demo for us. (doubtful, not the "reading type"!)

After seeing those, I can show her what *I* use, just so she has a
recent reference against which to compare...

Don't recall what you use. You might take a look at these: :

My documents are all being standardized as PDF's. This lets me
access them with one reader (software) regardless of from which
computer I opt to access them. It also lets me put things
other than text/illustration into the file.

FBReader is a free (and ad-free) multi-platform ebook reader.
https://fbreader.org/

Cool Reader A cross-platform XML/CSS based eBook reader
http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/

And, if she opts for "none of the above", shrug

grin

You grin, I frown! :

(sigh) I can truly sympathize with IT folks given the sort of
crap they have to address...