Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default eReader options

On 1/16/2016 12:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

In each case, we've invested as much time as if we'd driven to
a local store, HANDLED the items ourselves to verify they are
exactly what we want, then driven home.

In the past 6 or 8 years of using Amazon I've never had a problem, never had a
return. I can see why you are disappointed given the failure rate of 100% but
for most of us it is 0%.

We've bought a variety of merchandise from home goods, electronics, medical
supplies. but not much clothing. I just checked and I've placed 140 orders
with 1 to 8 items, every one perfect.

I've never had an issue with an *eBay* purchase -- and those are
"average joes", not businesses!

I've never had a problem with a DX purchase (and they have umpteen
different varieties of some of their products).

We tend to have very *specific* "wants". E.g., the USB cable *had*
to bend UP -- not down or off to the left or right like the other
amazon offerings that I skipped over. It had to be 22cm long -- not
the 18cm or 20cm that some of the others claimed. Someone else
may just have *picked* this particular "right angle" cable without
regard for those details. And, if the "wrong" part arrived, might
never have noticed that it plugs in upside down... or is a few inches
too short, etc.

E.g., if I order a hamburger, I *don't* want a cheeseburger. Nor
a Reuben (I don't like cheese or corned beef!). If you don't want
to sell hamburgers, then don't put them on the menu. If you HAVE
them on the menu, then be able to deliver one when it is ordered!