Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default eReader options

On 1/16/2016 1:41 PM, Don Y wrote:

SWMBO bought two (identical) pair of pants. They were different sizes
(though marked identically). Additionally, the cuffs were frayed.
In a brick and mortar store, she'd notice they were different sizes before
bringing them home -- without even having to resort to the "dressing room".

I bought a "22cm, up angle, USB A male to USB A female cable". What
arrived was an 18cm, DOWN angle, USB A male to USB A female cable"
despite the fact that I had deliberately NOT ordered that variation.
I was able to characterize the cable within seconds of handling
the PACKAGE.

She bought a "cleaning kit" -- 8 oz variety (three 8 oz bottles).
The *2 oz* variety arrived. It was a no-brainer to realize those
tiny bottles couldn't possibly contain "a cup" of liquid, each.

In each case, we've invested as much time as if we'd driven to
a local store, HANDLED the items ourselves to verify they are
exactly what we want, then driven home.

In the past 6 or 8 years of using Amazon I've never had a problem, never
had a return. I can see why you are disappointed given the failure rate
of 100% but for most of us it is 0%.

We've bought a variety of merchandise from home goods, electronics,
medical supplies. but not much clothing. I just checked and I've placed
140 orders with 1 to 8 items, every one perfect.