Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default eReader options

On 1/16/2016 1:03 AM, Don Y wrote:
On 1/15/2016 9:19 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 01/15/2016 12:10 PM, Don Y wrote:
Thanks, Susan, I'll chase down the links and see if it helps me
sort out the "mess". I suspect SWMBO won't be happy with *any*
of these options ("Why can't I just have a BOOK??!")

300 books in a Kindle are very easy to dust... And she'll have enough
room on
the shelves for knick knacks rather than trying to stuff books in two
deep and
make structural improvements when the shelves start to sag too badly.

I repeat, she's only looking for this to read LIBRARY BOOKS.
You don't have to store -- or DUST -- books that are only
in your house for a couple of weeks! :

Sounds like you should stick with real books then. No sense spending
money for the reader and then buying books if she is only going to read
books from the local library. Both Nook and Amazon prime have freebies,
but mostly older books. If she is reading two books a month from the
local free library that could translate to $20 a month to buy them.

In your case, I'd borrow a reader from a friend for a couple of hours to
see if she would like to handle it at all. Or stop at a Barnes & Noble
store to handle one. It has to be her choice if she is going to like
it. From things I've read and heard over the past couple of years, the
split is maybe 80-20 on the like/dislike.