Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 15mm Plasterboard

On 14/01/2016 19:43, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I recently discovered my daughters new build was dry lined with 15mm PB, never having coming across this I checked out the British Gypsum site and sure enough it is available. Whilst reading the specs. for it I noticed a comment that the board dimensions allowed the use of to quote the "industry standard 600mm stud spacing". I always thought that 400mm was the standard spacing and was wondering if due to the thicker PB this allowed wider stud spacing, it certainly explains the trouble I have had finding studs in her walls which seem to comply with this 600mm standard?

Are you sure that there *are* any studs? A lot of dry lining nowadays is
done by gluing the board to the walls with dollops of plasterboard
adhesive. This leaves a gap of anything up to an inch between board and
solid wall, except where the dollops are.
--
Cheers,
Roger