Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default eReader options

On 01/15/2016 10:11 AM, Don Y wrote:

Sheesh! I think I have 10-15 year old PDAs with screens bigger than that!

I've never noticed a limitation. My tablet's screen is and inch longer
and 1/8 narrower for 7" diagonal. The problem you get into is the
overall size. Back when we started to develop a tablet product I spec'ed
out a couple of Acer 10" tablets for the programmers on the project. The
selling point was the charger was a separate connection so you could
leave it on the wall wart and use the USB port for the debugging interface.

After working with them, I walked across the street to BestBuy and
bought an almost identical tablet but in the 7" form factor. I realize
that if I was going to hump around a 10" tablet I might as well bring
the 13" Win7 notebook with the real keyboard. I can slip a 7" tablet, or
the almost identically sized Kindle into a cargo pocket.

Phones have been through the same thing. The postage stamp sized display
is awkward, so they started to grow up to the phablet class with 5 to 7"
screens.

It's all about being mobile and if you can't reasonably stick it in a
pocket or purse it's a problem.