Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Tee-Nut

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 5:13:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:

My favourite sage advice was about owning a business or owning a job. I have been involved with several people who talked about having a business, but really just wanted to own their job.

I guess, then, that I have been paying all these business taxes for nothing all these years.

I have fought tooth & nail to keep my business small for the past 32 years. I have turned down large & meaty jobs and offers of partnerships & buyouts.. OTOH, my house is paid for, I owe no debts. I have money in the bank. I don't buy what I can't pay for in cash. This drives bankers crazy.

Twice, over the years, I have had employees. The stress was simply not worth it to me. Every piece of work that goes out of here has my name and reputation on it, and I'll be damned if someone else is going to screw that up. So now, I use part-time help and contractors when I need them, and you can bet I go over every bit of the work they do. And my customers are overjoyed..