Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default eReader options

Susan Bugher wrote:
On 1/13/2016 9:52 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 1/13/2016 5:56 PM, Susan Bugher wrote:

First things first. . .

https://www.overdrive.com/
The OverDrive app is one of the top-rated eBook apps available for iOS,
Android, Chromebook, Mac OS, Windows, and Windows Phone.

I suggest you go to YOUR library's site and see what they have to say
about HOW
you can read the type(s) of ebooks they offer.

Virtually all devices are supported -- along with PC/Mac "computers".
As she is NOT interested in reading on a computer (otherwise, any of the
desktops, laptops, tablets or other "appliances" that we have would be
acceptable options), this means getting a *device* that she can use to
fill the role that a print *book* would have filled.

I'm a fan of ebooks (read about one day) but I seldom borrow ebooks from
my local library because the books I'd like to read are seldom available
- they don't offer them or there are 90 people "on reserve" ahead of me
(YMMV). IMO your wife should try borrowing some books on a device your
already own before you spend money on a new device.

I did a bit more reading about supported devices for OverDrive. I have
two Nooks and it appears neither of them will work with the OverDrive
app ..

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/overdrive-overdrive-inc/1120365790;jsessionid=F27AE30EF7C891A2EEB916A04846 8DEE.prodny_store01-atgap10?ean=2940043354334#nok-dapps

"Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using
OverDrive on your NOOK."

quote requirements
NOOK Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK 7.0
NOOK by Samsung [Tab 4 10.1, S2 & E]
NOOK HD Tablet
NOOK HD+ Tablet
/quote

Current Nook offerings at B&N:
http://nook.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook/379003208.
"NOOK GlowLight Plus™" is NOT on the list. of Overdrive supported apps.

Susan

You read one book a day? Wonder what kinda book that is. I do eRead a
lot. About one book a week, Kobo, Kindle or on iPAD. Local library does
not have books I am interested.