Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt V. Ullman Kurt V. Ullman is offline

Default eReader options

On 1/13/16 6:37 PM, Frank wrote:

Don't know anything about the Nook but see that their format is .epub vs
.mobi for Kindle. My Kindle will read .mobi and .pdf but may do .epub
too. Calibre can inter-convert them. Most .pdf's are big for the
Kindle but I have a couple in the form of hunting maps on them.

I'd go with Kindle papewrite for general or recreational reading. I
spend a lot of time outside and you can read it perfectly even in
brightest sunlight. I haven't tried it for technical or other intensive
uses.
The main problem I have with the Nook is that Barnes and Noble owns
but doesn't quite know what they want to do with it. Just over the last
couple of years, they have said they love it, said they wanted to spin
it off into a separate company, said they didn't want to spin it off. I
am not sure I want to spend all that money on something even the owner
isn't sure it wants to deal with.