Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default eReader options

On 1/13/2016 2:17 PM, Don Y wrote:

Also gives me color, the ability to make annotations with the pen,
support for external media, non-proprietary file formats AND other
utilities -- things that aren't usually present in an eReader (which
tries to be smaller, lighter and run for long periods off battery).

I offered to build her an identical machine but she's not keen on
the size (she's used to reading paperbacks or hard-bound editions
which typically don't have/need the larger page size that the materials
I read require). And, the things she reads tend not to have illustrations,
charts, "color", etc.

So, anyone with a fair bit of first-hand experience willing to share
observations as to what they like/dislike about *their* eReader
(make/model)? ISTR at least one unit only allowed you to put
materials onto it via a wireless link -- to a *vendor*! I'm not
sure how that will work with the library's offerings. Nor how
you can later "backup" those acquisitions onto some other media
(lest your eReader *fail*).

[These are all issues that my "solution" avoided...]

Tablet PC is too big for a reader. My wife has a Kobo, Nook, Kindle.
While she likes them all, her favorite is the Kindle Fire with 8" screen.

You books are saved in a library and are available to be read on most
any device. The present book she is reading can be synced with her
phone in seconds and she can continue reading where she left off.