Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default eReader options

Don Y writes:
On 1/13/2016 1:02 PM, Frank wrote:

But, can you freely move documents onto and off-of the reader? A friend
had me set up her nook some years back and the only way on/off the device
was via wireless and a connection to their "store".

That is not true for the Nook. I have two Nooks (epaper) and both
of them show up as a disk drive when plugged into a USB port and
you can copy epub's to and from them at will.

If you buy epubs from B&N via the wireless, you may or may not be
able to copy them off your nook (depends on firmware version and
amount of free built-in storage space).

B&N no longer lets a purchaser download the epub and sideload to the
nook, but you can buy from google play or baen or find them on
alt.books then sideload them.