Jason D.

Default voltage regulation issues with Samsung 753s monitor

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 20:43:59 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

nem wrote:

I bought that monitor few days ago, and the screen size changes whenever

switch between bright and dark images. I can't quantify the percentage

of
the change (I'm not a technician) but I can assure it's a very tedious
issue. In searching this group, I came across this article :

What brand and model is it? We can't help you without that information.

Psst! this is Samsung 753S, it is low end range made to sell for 99
bux each usually in US and in canada appox 140 to 150 or so.

Our shop is authorized by Samsung to repair their stuff. They are all
good for their areas but many models is made to spec for low end, mid
and high end with different life-time of CRT placed in them. Mid and
high-end gets the longer life ones but the circuit board quality is
excellent across their whole monitor ranges.

For my money I rather go for 753DF or 753MB, 755DF, 755MB etc for
longer life CRTs & tighter regulation. Don't bother the 950B series.
they have blue label CRTs didn't last long.

Oh, the model codes is different for same model # that accounts for
re-engineering change when suppliers changes their parts. Like
DT17LS7L, AQ17KSBL, AQ17LS7LK, AN17LS7L all are for 750S or 75V, and
they're are all low end. Dunno on 753S for model code but I know S
always stands for low end.

Take it back to this store where you bought it if you're still not
satisfied, also make sure this shop is authorized to sell specific
models. I know of one that isn't warrenty authorized by Samsung on
particular models because this one got them via different routes and
different models.

Cheers,

Wizard