Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default bulb fittings ES or BC

En el artículo , NY
escribió:

Are ring mains mainly a UK innovation, then? I hadn't realised that.

Yes. Our foreign friends think we're mad. They have a very hard time
understanding how they work.

I had to smile when I was overseeing Spanish electricians working on an
installation overseas which was being cable part to Euro standards, part
to UK standards (don't ask). The 3-phase stuff was in the old UK
colours of blue, red, yellow with a black neutral. Of course, this
confused the UK phase blue with the Euro neutral...

The Spanish sparkies had colour-coded signs everywhere headed "¡cables
locos ingleses!" with the translation:

(fase)
rojo = red
azul = blue
amarillo = yellow

(neutro)
negro = black

but we still needed to triple-check everything they'd done before
switching on. Happy days.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!