Jerry G.

Default How do I defeat VCR's blue screen?

If there is no option in the user menu, there is no easy way. The software
for this is written in to the firmware code of the uPC. Get a colour black
source such as from a TV sync generator, or use a video camera with the lens
cap on it as a black source going in to the external input of the machine.
As long as it sees video coming in, it should not give you a blue screen.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Scott Ehrlich" wrote in message

I have two different working cable-ready consumer-grade VCRs I use for
cable (they also act as the cable converter).

If I flip to a channel I shouldn't get, since the tuner cannot lock onto
a clear picture, the VCRs flips to a blue screen. How do I defeat the
blue screen on either VCR? The VCR menus are very basic, and the
external switches are few. I presume there must be a switch, maybe
inside, to permit me to see the scrambled or poor quality picture
instead of the blocking blue screen.

One VCR is a Panasonic, the other is an RCA. I've seen the same effect
from many other VCRs, and some cable-ready TVs, too.

How can the blue screen be defeated without the use of an external cable
box?

Thanks in advance.

Scott