Posted to alt.home.repair
Eureka Eureka is offline

Default "Open rollout switch circuit" error message in furnace.

On 01/11/2016 01:47 AM, ir wrote:
Open rollout switch circuit" error message in furnace.

A friend called me and said his gas furnace keeps shutting off. It's
fairly new and a high effencincy type, which vents out thru PVC. It
has a digital readout which says "Open rollout switch circuit". I
googled that, and found a simple drawing which shows it as a sort of
sensor, and found a picture of one. Not much more.

I always do the simple stuff like checking to make sure the
intake and exhaust vent pipes are clear, making sure some ****ing
little mouse hasn't built a home in there.

Then I'd check that the draft inducer is actually creating the
proper air flow.

I also check all electrical connections to make sure they're tight.

Failing all that, then it's time to call the pros.