Posted to alt.home.repair

Default EARTHQUAKE: Mind your T's

On 1/10/2016 11:33 AM, Muggles wrote:

According to the BibleI'm using KJV, which, you previously said is
what you use, too.)

Eph 1 says the church is the body of Christ. You can read the entire
chapter for clarification, but I'll post 2 verses that sum it up.

Eph 1:22-And hath put all things under his feet, and gave *him to be the
head over all things to the church, 23 Which is his body*, the fulness
of him that filleth all in all.
https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/eph/1/1/s_1098001

1 Corinthians explains in more detail what the *body of Christ* is made
up of:

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the
members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be
Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to
drink into one Spirit. 14For the body is not one member, but many.

Based on just those scriptures alone, and there are many others, the KJV
expressly says that Christ is the head of the church, and the church is
his body, and since the church is his body scripture then explains that
his body is made up of many members.

Humanity has taken Christ's church and put labels on the various
groupings of members and have chosen to emphasize various doctrines, and
methods of worship. Those are what are called denominations, and a
denomination is not solely representative of the body of Christ.

The ONE TRUE CHURCH is and can only be the body of Christ - not a
denomination.

Is it wrong to be part of a denomination? I don't see any scripture that
would come close to saying that. No one person or group of people is
the ONE TRUE CHURCH. Only Christ's body if the one true church.

1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that
which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I
know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

The various Christian churches of the world each
read the Bible and get different answers. As such,
I don't think it's possible to only read the Bible
(King James or other version) and know all truths.

Fortunately, we have a prophet, continuing revelation,
personal revelation, and the Heavens are open.

--
..
Christopher A. Young