Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default Gasoline prices have come down, but not motor oil prices.

On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:41:10 -0600, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I've gotten some filled (not exchanged) last year. It cost about the
same, but more propane. One cylinder actually had 20lb in it.

I can take a 20lb tank to the company who fills my bulk tank and they
will fill it with the ACTUAL AMOUNT of 20lb. But the price is th same as
getting an exchange tank. While I'd prefer getting the whole 20lb, I
have to spend an extra gallon of gasoline to go to their company, then I
often have to wait as much as an hour for them to fill the tank, because
the guys are making a delivery and the only people there are the women
who work at the desks. One time they even told me to leave my tank and
come back the next day. I refused and just went to get an exchange tank
at a local convenience store. To me, it's not worth the hassle of
getting them refilled at that place.

I wish there was a way I could fill them myself from my bulk tank, but
it would probably require costly equipment, and might be dangerous, so
I'll just do the exchanges and be done with it. I only use 4 or 5 of the
20lb tanks per year, so it's not a huge expense.