Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default "Genuine" lithium ion batteries?

On Sat, 09 Jan 2016 14:59:14 -0000, Adam Aglionby wrote:

On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 11:07:00 AM UTC, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jan 2016 10:59:12 -0000, Bertie Doe wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
I'm finding it rather difficult to buy real Lithium Ion batteries (like
18650s) online. By real I mean something like Panasonic etc. I've had
Chinese unbadged ones before and they've held 1Ah instead of the rated
2.6Ah. The "Genuine" ones don't seem to look like they used to, no makers
badge and fancy colours, just a plain green shell with some black
writing. Are these real?

7Dayshop is a genuine company. I've been using them for a few years,
although their own-brand rechargeables, are no more than medium quality.

Putting 18650 into their search gives :-
https://www.7dayshop.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=18650

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Top-7-1865...8349265/g.html

That answers my question - the ones they call genuine Samsung look very plain, I would have thought Samsung would want them to look better than that to avoid copies:
https://www.7dayshop.com/products/sa...BATSAMBLU25RX4

--
My ex-wife was temperamental.
90% temper and 10% mental.

E Fags have propelled 18650 development, one linked is an INR as against IMR or ICR 18650 lion

https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...to_know_about/

That link doesn't tell us everything about every type of cell. Which ones have higher internal resistance? How much of a resistance increase is it? And is there any other significant difference? (Apart from the capacity which you can obviously see from the rating on the side).

My Panasonics are NCR18650A, so what type are those? Is it a combination of INR and ICR, hence the NC?

I'm happy with the Panasonics anyway - I tested them and they have the full rated capacity of 3.1AH when drained over several hours in a torch, unusual for a battery to actually do what it says on the tin!

--
"The Ten Commandments contain 297 words.
The Bill of Rights is stated in 463 words.