Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y
Mrcheerful Mrcheerful is offline

Default "Genuine" lithium ion batteries?

On 08/01/2016 15:39, Ian Smith wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jan 2016 13:15:28 -0000, Kerr Mudd-John wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jan 2016 14:40:11 -0000, Ian Smith
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jan 2016 14:02:03 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

Which High Street shop would sell Li-ion batteries?

One selling mobile phones might have spares for sale.

A computer shop.

A powertool shop (the one on my High St has sadly closed, but there
must be one somewhere).

Argos: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/3896170.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search...Term/18650.htm
says sorry don't know about them

as we (were anyway) talking about cycle lamp batteries, not powerpacks for
drills

I wouldn't expect to find 18650s at Argos, no. However, whatever you
were talking about, I was answering the question "Which High St shop
would sell Li-ion batteries", and of the many High St shops that
sell Li-ion batteries, Argos is one.

If you want to move the goalposts over to "Which High St shop would
sell Li-ion 18650 cells", then the closest to me would be Maplin, in
the next town north from my own. It seems I have to order online, but
I can them collect them from the High St in three days time.

regards, Ian Smith

Buying a drill battery would be the cheapest way to get 18650s, but you
would not know the make.