Posted to alt.home.repair
Eagle[_6_] Eagle[_6_] is offline

Default EARTHQUAKE

Muggles explained on 1/8/2016 :
On 1/8/2016 10:48 AM, Eagle wrote:
Muggles expressed precisely :
On 1/7/2016 3:23 PM, Eagle wrote:
After serious thinking Muggles wrote :
On 1/7/2016 2:29 PM, Eagle wrote:
Muggles wrote :

We can't always see them and have to often rely on the weather
reporters
or storm chasers for locations. Occasionally, a tv station will be
filming live from towers, so we can see when transformers blow up and
know about what street they're on.
Oh geeeeeez! Watching for blown up transformers to see what street
gets
hit? 8-o Don't go outside when that happens or you'll be a fried
Maggie!

We had a small one hit about 3/4 of a mile south from us and take the
roofs off a strip mall and some surrounding houses a couple years ago.
Another one jumped the river and sent north of us about 3/4 of a mile
north of us in the air then came back to the ground and took out a
truck
stop NE of town.

Doesn't shake you up about a twister hitting your home? I think I'd have
a BIG room in the house that is twister proof. I'd prolly spend most of
our time in that room durring tornado season!
Earthquakes don't scare Me, but tornadoes do. :-? Maybe because we live
in a earthquake prone area?

I've been scared with close calls several times. I get in the bedroom
closet and bring the dog in there with me along with some flashlights,
my phone, and anything else I might think I need at the time.

Last spring I came home and there was a combination of super cells that
were converging on the city coming from 3 different directions. Down
town got hit with gustnado's, and one small tornado, and I was tracking
it all via 2 tv stations weather reports. Things seemed to be calming
down and I got up and looked out my back window and saw the clouds
moving away from me North pretty fast. OK ... all is well, I thought. A
few minutes later I went back and looked again and the clouds had
reversed direction and were coming straight at me going south and
spinning counter clockwise over the house. At first I thought "how
beautiful", and then I thought "OH CRAP! This CAN'T be good!!" and
headed straight for the closet with the dog. We were hit with heavy
hail about 10 seconds after I got in the closet, but no tornado. Later
I found out that what I was seeing was those 3 different super cells
converging on each other and the clouds were spinning like crazy because
of it.

Can you get tornado insurance where you live Maggie? If so, is it
expensive?

I'm pretty sure it's covered by "acts of God".

Does 'god' [small g] take dollars or pounds? :')