Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Gasoline prices have come down, but not motor oil prices.

On 1/8/2016 1:44 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 08:57:12 -0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

sms wrote:
A quart of name brand 5W30 is still about $2.25, and has not come down as
crude prices have fallen. I realize that crude is just a small part of
the cost of producing motor oil, but apparently it does not respond to
decreases in crude prices at all.

Soon I will have to do some 0W-20 oil changes and that costs about $6 per quart.

Propane should also come down.

Greg

It has come down when bought in bulk, but those 20lb cylinders
(Exchange) have remained at the exact same price (when you bring an
empty tank to exchange).

And remember, those are 20lb cylinders, but a few years back the
exchange companies started filling them to only 15 pounds.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/31415330/ns/business-us_business/t/anger-fuels-suits-over-underfilled-propane-tanks/

Some Costco locations now fill propane tanks.