Bob M.

Default Heathkit Question

Yeah, and the reason you don't SEE many of them any more is that they keep
burning out!

Perhaps the way to keep the vintage stuff original would be to put a small
value resistor in series with the bulbs so they last longer. They'd be
dimmer, but put it on a shelf near the ceiling where it's darker anyway and
maybe no one will notice.

Bob M.
======
"James Sweet" wrote in message

Thanks for your reply Jim - I had never thought about using LED's but
that is something I would definitely consider now.

Ralph

Seems it would kinda lose some of it's vintage charm if you did that,
incandescent segments are something you don't see much these days.