Posted to alt.home.repair
Eagle[_6_] Eagle[_6_] is offline

Default EARTHQUAKE

FrozenNorth explained :
On 2016-01-07 4:23 PM, Eagle wrote:
After serious thinking Muggles wrote :
On 1/7/2016 2:29 PM, Eagle wrote:
Muggles wrote :
On 1/7/2016 1:47 PM, Eagle wrote:
Muggles wrote on 1/7/2016 :
On 1/7/2016 11:01 AM, Eagle wrote:
Really? Shakers in the midwest are very rair, at least they aren't
reported often. That's all you need...a windy and rainy storm with a
shaker and a mixer to boot. 8-o

We play dodge tornado quite often. When it's the season tracking
them
street by street can be akin to a sport, even. lol

At least you can see a twister coming. You can't 'see' a quake.

We can't always see them and have to often rely on the weather
reporters
or storm chasers for locations. Occasionally, a tv station will be
filming live from towers, so we can see when transformers blow up and
know about what street they're on.

Oh geeeeeez! Watching for blown up transformers to see what street gets
hit? 8-o Don't go outside when that happens or you'll be a fried Maggie!

We had a small one hit about 3/4 of a mile south from us and take the
roofs off a strip mall and some surrounding houses a couple years ago.
Another one jumped the river and sent north of us about 3/4 of a mile
north of us in the air then came back to the ground and took out a truck
stop NE of town.

Doesn't shake you up about a twister hitting your home? I think I'd have
a BIG room in the house that is twister proof. I'd prolly spend most of
our time in that room durring tornado season!
Earthquakes don't scare Me, but tornadoes do. :-? Maybe because we live
in a earthquake prone area?

Earthquakes are rare here, and I would rather keep it that way, there
apparently have been some but they didn't affect me at all, only felt one
when I lived on the 17th floor of an apartment building many years ago.
Tornadoes are also rare, one or two every three of four years within 100
miles or more, living on stable land and with relatively non-violent weather
does have its benefits.

That's true. It gets very cold around Rapid City, so I limit My trips
there to spring time. I guess living in Southern California's warm
weather has Me spoiled. [earthquakes are an afterthought] ^^