Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where can I buy 8x10" structural tube in Chicago

Ignoramus22251 wrote:
I am not looking for a great deal. I just need to get it for whatever
is the market price.

I need a structural rectangular tube, about 4 feet of it, dimensions
8x10 inches in cross section by 0.625" to 3/4" thick.

Does anyone know any steel supplies who procure that sort of stuff.

Thanks

I like Wexler & Sons. Very friendly and willing to deal with orders that
are seemingly not even worth their time. there's a scap pile and you can
sort of "shop" in the warehouse too.

http://www.wexlersteel.com/

The website is about all you'd expect from a steel yard- give them a call.
They've got a fab shop with no website, so they can get or make anything.

Central Steel might be OK too. I've chatted with them, but never dropped
by.